Skip navigation

Share with social media sites email this page print this page

High School Equivalency Tests (GED®)

female graduate in cap and gown

The GED® can help you reach your educational and job goals. Most colleges and employers accept the GED® as equivalent to a high school diploma.

Don’t let the lack of a high school diploma hold you back from going to college or getting the job you want. Prove your knowledge and ability through the high school equivalency (HSE) tests.

Washington State currently uses the four-part GED®Tests for its HSE. Each year, more than 15,000 state residents earn their HSE certificate.

Where and When Can I Take the Tests?

Those who meet eligibility requirements can take the tests at official test centers located across the state.

Find an official GED® Testing Center near you.

No online testing. Tests may only be taken at an official testing center.

More about the GED®

The State Board for Community and Technical Colleges (SBCTC) oversees the HSE testing program for the state of Washington. Learn more at the SBCTC website.

Translate our site: