If you have trouble downloading documents on this page, please go to
Every day, counselors, caseworkers and advisors play a crucial role in helping
others make smart choices about careers and education—and Washington state's
community and technical colleges are here to help.
Whether you work in a high school setting or an agency such as Employment Security,
WorkSource or the Department of Social and Health Services, this site offers resources and links for you to make
Using This Site to Help Students
Help students and clients discover their strengths and find the right school. Walk
them through the steps of applying and paying for college and much more.
Academic Year Calendar
The community and technical colleges are on the quarter (not semester) calendar. The
instructional calendar shows
start and end dates for each term to help your students plan an academic schedule that works.
Career Demand and Wage Information
These websites can help you figure out which jobs are in demand in your client's community and
how much different careers pay.
Download the Fall 2012 Washington Council Fall Counselor Workshops community and technical college presentation:
How to Order "Check Out A College" Brochures
The 2011 edition of the popular "CHECK OUT A COLLEGE – Community and Technical Colleges of Washington State" brochure is available from two sources:.
- Free: The outreach services or the public information office at your nearest community or technical college is the local provider of these brochures for schools, community organizations, and non-profits.
- Low cost: Order online at the Washington State Department of Printing website:
- Visit General Store/myFULFILLMENT
- Search by product name, type in Check Out A College
- Quantity/Price: 100 / $27; 400 / $95; 1000 / $183.50